Our blog today is going to be all about beard care! Sometimes men might think they do not have a lot of beauty maintenance to keep up with. Men care mostly about the hair on top of their head, but often forget how important it is to take care of the hair on your face too! Whether it is just a mustache, or a fully grown beard, different techniques and products can help you achieve the beard of your dreams. If you are just beginning to learn about beard care, do not worry, we will give you our top tips and tricks! Keep reading kings.
Beard Care Products:
Nourishing your beard and the skin underneath is essential to having a good-looking beard. There are a great number of products on the market, so let’s break them down. Because facial hair is drier than the hair on your scalp, beard oil is essential for moisturizing the hair and the skin underneath. Although the oil will not provide any styling aid, it is still a good option to use to condition and bring in some shine.
For beards that need a bit more help when styling, beard balm will be your best friend. Not only will it give you the control to style, but it is also moisturizing. Beard balms usually come in a tin and will either be labeled as “conditioning” or “styling” balms. Conditioning balms are slightly less thick with less styling control, whereas styling balms will be thicker with more control.
Whichever product you choose, you will also need to incorporate a good shampoo and conditioner to wash away the product and further promote a healthy beard. Because the hair is on the face, you need to be mindful of how sensitive the area can be, so avoid any shampoos with heavy chemicals. Pay attention to the ingredients list and invest in a high-quality shampoo and conditioner.
Benefits of Beard Tints:
- Accessible and affordable
- Easy to apply
- Can make your beard appear fuller
- Matches your beard color to your hair color
- Cover up any gray patches
Beard tints have been used most to cover up gray hairs. The cell that produces pigment is called melanocyte. When melanocytes stop producing, our hair begins to turn gray. Of course, genetics also play a role, but eventually everyone’s hair will turn gray. This makes beard dye an accessible option because you can do it yourself at home which makes it affordable, and anyone can do it! Whether you choose a temporary or permanent dye, it is an easy solution for every day. A common misconception of dying your beard is that you must wait until you are older, and it is most effective to cover gray hairs. However, using a beard tint can also help your beard appear fuller, and can be used before your beard starts to turn gray. It can help cover up patches of gray hair that might be beginning to appear.
Beard Shampoo for Grey/White Beards
Shampoo and conditioner specially designed for gray/white beards have grown increasingly popular among men who are embracing their natural look. Gray facial hair tends to be coarser and more susceptible to dryness, so it is important to shampoo and condition it with high-quality products. Opt for a shampoo that is sulfate-free to prevent drying and reduce any yellow discoloration.
Here at Godefroy, our Silver Fox line was created to target the needs of a gray beard! Our Gray Enhancing Beard Cream is a purple leave-in conditioner to promote a brighter, healthier-looking beard. Because of its purple tone, it counteracts the look of yellow, brassy tones to give you an even, white tone. Additionally, this product works with your gray hair rather than dying it.
Beard Care Routine
Now that we have discussed the different kinds of products, let’s move on to creating a good beard routine.
- You want to choose a shampoo and conditioner that will thoroughly clean your hair, and rinse with warm water!
- Once you step out of the shower, grab your beard oil to moisturize your hair and skin. To distribute the oil throughout your beard, make sure to run a beard comb through it and detangle it.
- After that step, use this time to style your beard.
- Lastly, prioritize taming your beard when it starts to grow and become scraggly. Invest in a trimmer or a good pair of scissors to aid in your beard maintenance.
Once you find a beard routine that works the best for you, it is time to learn how to maintain all the hard work you have put in!
1. Try to trim your beard regularly. This can help maintain the shape of your beard. Trimming your beard can also help reduce split ends. Just like the hair on your head, your beard can have split ends too!
2. Keep your beard moisturized. Using a beard oil with natural ingredients can help keep your hair healthy and shiny.
3. Do not forget to wash your beard! This can vary from person to person and depending on your skin type. If you tend to have oily skin, it might be best to wash your beard 4-5 times a week. If your skin tends to be on the drier side, washing it 2-3 times a week is okay.
4. Use a gentle beard wash or shampoo. The skin underneath your beard should be treated the same way as the rest of your face, so you do not want any irritation to occur.
5. Keep it combed. Having your beard combed and untangled can help make styling a lot easier! This way you won’t have to deal with any unwanted knots or tangles.
6. Eat your vitamins! This may sound unrelated, but a lack of vitamins can impact the appearance of your beard. To have a nice healthy beard, eat a balanced diet full of nutrients.
Whether you’re growing a mustache or a beard, taking care of your facial hair enhances your appearance and overall hygiene and well-being. Using products such as beard oils and balms, along with shampoo and conditioner will promote a healthy, stylish beard. Along with practicing a beard care routine, maintaining your beard through regular trimming and proper grooming practices will ensure your beard is looking its best. With that said, embrace your beard and take pride in its care for a confident, handsome look! Thanks for reading kings.
The Science Behind Clean and Plant-Based BeautyEmersen Adams
So, what exactly is "clean beauty?" Clean beauty is a movement that emphasizes the use of beauty products that are...
Everything You Need To Know About Bleached BrowsAmanda Lanuza
Bleached eyebrows, once considered a trendsetter of the high fashion world, has emerged as a striking trend in our current...
The Ultimate Guide To Purple ShampooAndrew Campbell
So, what exactly is purple shampoo? And why do people use it? Purple shampoo consists of a violet pigment that...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.