Here is everything you need to know about the permanent eyebrow treatment known as microblading. One secret to gaining fuller, darker eyebrows that look totally natural is microblading. Microblading consists of applying short strokes to the eyebrow with cosmetic ink to give the impressions of hair. If you are not sure whether microblading or eyebrow tinting works for you, we can help you make this decision as easy as possible.
What is it?
Microblading is a cosmetics procedure and a form of permanent makeup in which a small tool with several tiny needles is used to add pigment to the skin, specifically the eyebrow region. This process is very precise as it involves a beauty tool which produces end results that last up to 18 months. The microblade itself consists of a pen with a slope blade, with 10-12 needles at the end of it. The needle very finely implants strokes with a pigment on the layers of the skin creating fine natural hair strokes.
The Pros of microblading
- Long Lasting Results- If done correctly, your results should last from 18 months to 30 months. This also can depend on your lifestyle, the type of skin you have, and how often you go to get touchups.
- Aftercare- This procedure is quite advantageous because you will need no special treatment after you heal from the process. The pigment does not fade quickly; it takes a long time before you have to have a replacement session.
The Cons of microblading
- Allergic Reactions- One of the primary challenges for microblading is infection and allergic reactions. The numbing cream and the ink used might not be favorable for all skin types, where the quality of the equipment being used can also lead to skin issues.
- Pricing Point- For one microblading session the cost is about $300-$500 typically, which not everyone can afford. For this reason, this process might not be convenient for all people.
- Could be painful- This procedure could take 1-3 hours, depending on where you go. A numbing crème is used, but some amount of discomfort is still to be expected. Remember: with microblading, you are basically getting a surface tattoo on your face. It will not penetrate as deep as normal tattoos, but depending on your level of pain tolerance, it could be a bit uncomfortable.
One of the most popular and less invasive techniques to achieve fuller eyebrows is eyebrow tinting. This process can be done at a salon or at home. This technique creates very natural results using hair dye for your facial hair. Most dyes last a couple of weeks before reapplication. Godefroy beauty has great tint kits to help you achieve your desired look.
What is it?
This process is a non-invasive hair color treatment on your eyebrows. Tinting enhances your natural beauty by deepening the color of your eyebrow hair and redefining your eyebrows' natural shape. Most dramatic results happen for lighter hair, but brown or dark eyebrows can also benefit from this process. The tinting process also stains the skin underneath the hair making them look fuller and more defined. This procedure takes only a couple minutes and has lasting results for weeks on end. Godefroy Beauty has five shades of eyebrow tint you can use at home.
The Pros of eyebrow tinting
- Non-invasive and Painless- Eyebrow tinting is a non-invasive procedure and only stains the skin and dyes the hair. It is painless as well.
- There's room for error- This procedure uses dye that is meant to last weeks. Fortunately, there are easy ways to fix errors. Stain removers make it easy to remove dye from unwanted areas. Godefroy beauty designed a gentle stain remover featuring plant-based ingredients like aloe for sensitive skin.
- Natural Looking Results - Eyebrow tints use the hair you already have to create the desired look. The hairs will keep their structure and still look and feel like hair. The unique element of tints is the staining of the skin underneath. This stain is not extreme as it is made for hair, but it is enough to solidify a clean and defined brow.
The Cons of eyebrow tinting
- Allergic reactions- harsh chemicals, which can be found in some tints, can cause reactions for sensitive skin. It is important to use a tint with gentle ingredients to avoid any discomfort. Godefrey tints are made with gentle plant-based ingredients that are ideal for gentle skin.
- Not a permanent procedure- the eyebrow tint will eventually fade away to your natural hair color. Eyebrow tint will need reapplication after about 3-4 weeks. Color keep can help you prolong the color of the tint for longer if wanted.
You have to start from the root!
Remember: you need to establish a good foundation for the tinting process. It’s important to grow and care for your eyebrows. Focusing on hair growth and prioritizing time to care for your brows can help you maximize results, Godefroy Beauty has provided great tips on hair growth and health including our double lash growth serum.
Eyebrows help accentuate your eyes, help shape the face, and are one of our most prominent facial features. What you choose to do with them is your creative freedom. We hope this helped you understand some of the best options available to you and what would work best to gain the results you're looking for. Godefroy beauty has dedicated decades to bringing you the highest quality products for your convenience. Because we believe in making beauty look easy, naturally.